Write Back Soon: Adventures in Letter Writing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Privacy and Disclosure Notice for more information.
For an interactive, colorful, and engaging book on letter writing, consider picking up a copy of Karen Benke’s Write Back Soon! Adventures in Letter Writing (2015).
Benke offers a plethora of ways to send mail including:
- Remember when (reliving a memory shared with a friend)
- A list of fun things to include with your letter
- Types of correspondence (thank you note, fan mail, apology card, letter of protest, get well, love letter – you get the idea)
- Secret admirer
- Script a story
- Talk about who delivers your mail
She shares little stories about how she’s been inspired and lessons she’s learned about mail and life by watching others in her life. Ideas and examples abound!
The back of the book has an index of exercises that allows you to easily look for activities that appeal to you and go directly to that page. How about:
- Adjectives for Your Nouns
- Countries of the World
- Specific Days of the Year to Write
- Get Thee to a Snail Mail Revival Shop Posthaste
- A Note in the Bathroom
- Send Yourself a Postcard
I’ve had this book for awhile and like to take it off my bookshelf periodically and find new ways to get inspired. Where do you find your inspiration?