This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Privacy and Disclosure Notice for more information.
February is International Correspondence Writing Month (InCoWriMo) in case you haven’t heard. Writing a letter (or a note or a postcard, really any kind of mail you send through the post will work) and I have been rocking it! Every day I’m mailing something. Last week one of the pieces mailed was this postcard.
Granted, it helps to belong to Swapbot where organized mail swaps are the ticket for those looking to combine creativity with mail. I also like creating magpie/junk journals, artist’s trading cards and zine swaps.
Are you participating? It’s not too late. Sending mail does not have to be all or nothing. And you don’t have to wait for an entire month dedicated to InCoWriMo. Just do it.
Don’t have anyone to write to? Well, there are over 1,000 people from all over the world (how cool is that) who have left their mailing address on the InCoWriMo website. You can use one of these searches to help determine a person to whom you can write if you’d like:
- Search your first name and write someone else you find with the same
- Search your favorite number
- Search for a country you’ve never been to
- Scroll through all the names and find one that appeals to you
- Search for the first name of your favorite character(Anastasia, Victor, Anne – you get the idea)
- Create your own